Teeth Grinding Treatment Melbourne
Prevent Further Wear
Grinding of the teeth and clenching of the jaw are the two main characteristics of bruxism and can occur during the day or at night.
Bruxism is one of the most common known sleep disorders and causes most of its damage during sleeping hours.
Typically, opposing teeth grind against each other causing excessive wear above nomal function.
Teeth wear down and become sensitive and front teeth become very unaesthetic.
Bruxism is frequently misdiagnosed or not diagnosed at all, Dr Kasen and the team at Signature Dentistry pay particular attention to the way your teeth are wearing down and are trained to tell the difference between bruxing wear and wear caused by overly aggressive brushing, acidic soft drinks, and abrasive foods.
Problems associated with Bruxism
- Cracked teeth and filings
- Excessive wear and tear on the teeth
- Broken fillings or fillings not lasting long
- Joint pain and headaches
Signs and symptoms of Teeth Grinding
- Loud grinding sounds during sleep that are very noticeable to sleeping partner
- Headache, jaw joint or ear pain
- Clenching the jaw when angry, anxious or concentrating
- Sensitive teeth
- Cracked or chipped tooth
- Wobbly teeth
Teeth Grinding Causes
Some of the factors that may trigger grinding include:
- Emotional stress, such as anger or anxiety
- Mental concentration
- Physical effort or stress
- Newly erupted teeth especially in babies and children
If you think you suffer from bruxism and would like to make an appointment or if you would like to schedule a consultation to discuss the right treatment for your condition, please contact Signature Dentistry or fill out our online book appointment form and a member of our staff will be more than happy to help you.