An Update from the Signature Dentistry Team
I hope you are all keeping well and safe.
As many of you have heard, on the advice of the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee, dental practices have been lowered to Level 1 restrictions.
In short, this means WE ARE BACK!
However, certain restrictions remain in place.
- Social distancing- to restrict the number of patients in our reception lounge we are requesting patients call us upon arrival and remain in their vehicles. Once the treatment rooms have been disinfected and are available we will call you and take you directly into the rooms.
- Patients that meet clinical and epidemiological criteria:
- Defer non-urgent treatment
- Urgent dental treatment will need to be discussed on a case by case basis to ensure appropriate additional precautions are in place.
A person who meets the following clinical AND epidemiological criteria:
Fever (≥38°C) or history of fever (e.g. night sweats, chills) OR acute respiratory infection (e.g. cough, shortness of breath, sore throat)
(1) In the 14 days prior to illness onset:
- Close contact with a confirmed or probable case
- International or interstate travel
- Passengers and crew who have travelled on a cruise ship
- Healthcare, aged or residential care workers and staff with direct patient contact
- People who have lived in or travelled through a geographically localised area with elevated risk of community transmission, as defined by public health authorities
(2) Hospitalised patients, where no other clinical focus of infection or alternate explanation of the patient’s illness is evident.
Signature Dentistry is re-opening initially on a part-time basis before easing into regular hours.
We are doing this to monitor our increased infection control procedures and to keep abreast of any changes that may present over the next few weeks.
We sincerely look forward to seeing you again.
If you have any further questions, please contact us.
In the interim, stay well, stay safe and know if you need us, we’re here for you.
The Signature Dentistry Team